Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Wasteland Weaponry
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
dangga  [developer] 25 Dec, 2017 @ 8:40pm
Put suggestions here
Put suggestions here. The ones I find good or creative may be added into the addon. I am not a god-tier coder so please take that into consideration
< >
Showing 1-15 of 152 comments
Arctic 26 Dec, 2017 @ 5:52pm 
GRENADE LAUNCHER CROSSBOW
Frog 26 Dec, 2017 @ 6:04pm 
hoi i have some requests
-double barrel shotgun
-eoka cannon
-cannon (literally a tube thingy that shoots bullets, like a shotgun but only 1 round :v)
-firecrackers (like an incendiary grenade but more for making noise than damage :v)
-a hatchet
-booby traps
-sword
-grenade crossbow
now for my millitary grade gun requests
-usp
-m4
a for sh i t bonus
-wearable and visible for people and player armors
-health regenerating food
Last edited by Frog; 26 Dec, 2017 @ 6:05pm
Frog 26 Dec, 2017 @ 6:05pm 
tell me if you are interested in somethings
Arctic 26 Dec, 2017 @ 6:22pm 
In all seriousness though:

- I like the ammo thing; more ammo types would be amazing, especially if types were differentiated between ammo types. Slug shells, Beanbag shells that physkill, HE shells that explode on impact with a physical projectile, Incendiary shells that set things on fire, etc.

- To expand on ammo, maybe an ammo crafting bench, using the reloading press models from CS:S. It could allow you to disassemble ammo to make different types.

- I feel kind of cheated when my gun doesn't fire but it takes a bullet anyway. I think it should return the round to your reserve ammo when it misfires.

- What happened to the silenced Handmade Pistol? Bring that ♥♥♥♥ back. That was awesome.

- The Machine Gun should have some sort of bipod mechanic, allowing you to trade mobility for firepower. Maybe just something like making it so that when crouched and aiming down sights, recoil is severely reduced and the player is frozen in place, or slowed to a crawl.

- Nailgun should have physical projectiles - that's how games always used to do it and I'm a little jarred by how it doesn't.

- As for weapons, I would like to see a return of some of the more unconventional guns. The double-barrel, firing weird soda can shells, was brilliant. That could tie into an ammo crafting system, too. Flamethrower was also really awesome, and I have an "improved" version of that I can send your way.

- A salvaged pump shotgun, with the little sticky-out thing on the back connected to the bolt that Rust has.

- Grenade launcher crossbow. Contact me for more details, I still have the one from before.

- Some of the effects could do with a little more spice, in particular the muzzle effects need more smoke and more flash to really give off that salvaged feel.

- Dropped physical magazines. Again, contact me for details, I can help with this one.

Yeah. I am very enthusiastic about this weapon pack and I can definitely lend a bit of help your way if you need it. Thanks a buncharooni.
Here's my ideas.
- 2 inch barreled shoulder fired scrap cannon

- Drum fed short barreled LMG

- Some kind of heavy rifle

-Dual Pistols

- Anti-Tank Rifle

This pack is pretty fun, this is all I got for now.
dangga  [developer] 26 Dec, 2017 @ 10:31pm 
Anti-Materiel Rifle is planned, the silenced handmade pistol will come back in the next update. Nailgun having physical projectiles would lag too much. The dudding taking ammo away is by choice since ur using crappy handmade bullets.
dangga  [developer] 26 Dec, 2017 @ 10:31pm 
Double Barrel Shotgun may be added back. It was originally going to be in the pack but it was pretty buggy.
dangga  [developer] 26 Dec, 2017 @ 10:33pm 
An ammo crafting bench would be too hard to make.
dangga  [developer] 26 Dec, 2017 @ 10:34pm 
The way I designed the different ammotypes would make it hard to add anything other than mil-spec and dirty ammo. however it's possible.
Ribbit 26 Dec, 2017 @ 11:03pm 
Ability to rig supply crates with grenades to sabotage other players. Also will all the weapons from the old pack return to this pack?
Arctic 26 Dec, 2017 @ 11:58pm 
If you have any technical issues - I can help you implement some of this stuff. I have quite a bit of experience with SWEPs.
Neko Damian 27 Dec, 2017 @ 12:33am 
Perhaps a Dart gun similar to a Sniper rifle but instead of being Loud its Nearly Silent but as a Drawback does far less damage at range or perhaps loses range in general
Last edited by Neko Damian; 27 Dec, 2017 @ 12:35am
Neko Damian 27 Dec, 2017 @ 12:35am 
Although The loss of Range may be hard to code
The Cum Beast 27 Dec, 2017 @ 2:05am 
-A Bear trap

-Scrap melee weapons

-a reintroduction of the shotgun pistol thing

-a double barreled heavy machine gun

-a makeshift Revolver

-a flamethrower or some incediary device

If you want more creative ideas, although some are a bit stupid

-why not a hand held catapult

- a shoulder mounted multi barreled machine gun

-a quad barreld shotgun

ALE199 27 Dec, 2017 @ 2:50am 
A makeshift Blunderbuss, Has a chanse to explode in your hands. but does a lot of damages and ♥♥♥♥ aim (uses junk has ammo)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 152 comments
Per page: 1530 50