RimWorld

RimWorld

[B19] Androids
Overfox 12 Jan, 2018 @ 4:52am
How to fix "Power Shortage (extreme)"?
I had it a few times now that a droid was downed because it ran out of juice - I force them to do repetitive stuff sometimes and they won't recharge by themselves but work themselves to death instead. So far so good - that's what cheap mindless robots are for.

But: How do I recharge them manually? I have full batteries everywhere but noone in my colony seems to know how to plug in a simple charging cable into a robot -.-

I tried crafting droid batteries but I can not use them on downed droids. I tried to craft droid repair kits, but this only heals the wear and tear, not the energy issue! So I have a droid now that is still alive and just misses some electricity - and I can not figure out how to recharge it. I hate having to use the cheat options to recharge them as this seems completely unnecessary. Just plug in the friggin' cable, dammit!
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Kakolukya 12 Jan, 2018 @ 1:15pm 
I don't know exactly the reason for this cause but usually when you have free medical beds the droid get's "rescued" in one of those.. But the "Recharge" command doesn't pop up when in a medical area... instead I had to force the droid to be brought to a normal bed afterwards i was able to charge it with the droid batteries.
Overfox 15 Jan, 2018 @ 9:25pm 
Hm, now it works. Even in the hospital beds. Maybe the batteries were forbidden somehow, or currently used by another pawn. Thank ya kindly anyways.
BeyondFubar 3 Sep, 2018 @ 7:11pm 
I had this same error today and came to see what was going on. Might be a mod, there was also plenty of power (though no droid batteries) and they all went down, I spawned in batteries and could not use them as an operation as I have in the past.
crgzero (Banned) 12 Sep, 2018 @ 6:39am 
I've found it's extremely random on whether the game allows you to recharge droids. I had one droid drop and then die, but a few minutes later another droid dropped, was hauled to the same bed, and it allowed me to recharge it where as the first one didnt.

Normally I make Solar Dusters immediately but depending on mods and which random attempt at a massacre I'm facing I tend to put off duters in favor of whatever I need to keep on truckin'.

No more though, dusters immediately, every, time.
crgzero (Banned) 15 Oct, 2018 @ 8:59am 
A fix I recently found, firstly you need the solar duster for this to work. I use Achtung! a lot on repetive tasks like crafting stone blocks so they tend to not be outside long enough to recharge. So when one goes down because of my forgetfulness. I just haul them outside to a sleeping spot I've designated as a hospital bed and leave them. They recharge easy breezy while wearing the solar duster.

Of course it won't work if you don't have the duster already equipped, but IMHO it's always a good idea to immediately equip your droids with one.
Last edited by crgzero; 15 Oct, 2018 @ 8:59am
gnrnr 6 Mar, 2022 @ 4:16pm 
Sorry for the thread necro, but I found the only way to get around this is to give another pawn a droid battery and then have them go and rescue the downed droid. They'll take it back to a hospital bed and then use the battery on the downed droid. i was looking for a solution to this yesterday and didn't find one anywhere, but stumbled onto this while playing around in debug.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50