Master of Orion

Master of Orion

5X UCP Compatibility Mod (5XCPC)
AnthonyJan 27 Aug, 2020 @ 10:03am
Custom Race Title Screen
When running 5X UCP and Compatibility Mods together the custom rice title screen is too large and the right hand portion of the options cannot be viewed. Is there any way to enable a bar for scrolling so all the options can be seen on the custom race screen?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Spud Dastardly  [developer] 27 Aug, 2020 @ 10:25am 
That usually indicates UCP isn't properly installed, since UCP is what increases the space on that screen. Did you run the installer file after subscribing to UCP?

It could also be caused by having the wrong load order for your mods. It should go

5X
UCP
5XCPC
Last edited by Spud Dastardly; 27 Aug, 2020 @ 10:26am
AnthonyJan 27 Aug, 2020 @ 10:30am 
I don't believe so. I installed MOO then loaded the various mods and activated the 3. How would you recommend I unscrew it?
AnthonyJan 27 Aug, 2020 @ 10:36am 
I deactivated and reactivated in your suggested load order... The issue remained.
Spud Dastardly  [developer] 27 Aug, 2020 @ 10:42am 
To install UCP, follow these procedures, assuming you're using Windows:

Navigate in the Steam installation folder to Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\298050\1109736522, which should exist if you've subscribed to UCP.

In the readme.txt file, you'll find these instructions:
1. Obviously make certain the game is not currently running and you have a Java JRE installed.
2. Extract "UnofficialCodePatch-Release.zip"
3. If Windows run the javaInstaller.bat. If Linux run the javaInstaller.sh (you will have to run the command "chmod u+x javaInstaller.sh" before this will be executable)
4. Follow prompts; "INSTALL" will install the needed files and perform a post verification
5. Launch Game - Goto mods and set active "Unofficial Code Patch", if using the Steam Workshop you should also set active the "Unofficial Code Patch Steam Workshop" mod, one of both might already be active, but please verify
6. Close and restart application

This procedure has to be repeated to install any updates to UCP.
Last edited by Spud Dastardly; 27 Aug, 2020 @ 10:43am
AnthonyJan 27 Aug, 2020 @ 11:04am 
It worked thanks for the help!
AnthonyJan 29 Aug, 2020 @ 1:00pm 
FYI, my friend and I just try to play online with these mods and it was a no go. Both had UCP, UCPSW, 5XCPC, 5X The Ultimate Balance Mod v4.9.0 running and it would freeze out on the connection screen.
Last edited by AnthonyJan; 29 Aug, 2020 @ 1:00pm
Spud Dastardly  [developer] 29 Aug, 2020 @ 7:39pm 
I'm not very experienced in playing multiplayer in this game. If you are loading the same active mods in the same order, it should work though. Make sure you are both using the correct load order.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50