Starbound

Starbound

Prop Pack
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
AsPerrUsual  [developer] 4 Oct, 2017 @ 11:42am
Troubleshooting
HEY! LISTEN,

This thread is for crashes and bugs related to Prop Pack. Post a link to pastebin.com with your log file, and I'll do my best to diagnose. If you don't do this, I can't help! I need to see a log to know what's wrong!
Last edited by AsPerrUsual; 20 Dec, 2017 @ 7:52am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
Evion 6 Oct, 2017 @ 6:22pm 
Been looking forward to this mod, and it is absolutely AWESOME. I love all the new props, plus OMG the pet spawners <3 However, I did run into my first game-crashing bug when trying to place the sloppy lamp! https://pastebin.com/PjtkQfYk

Also, not a crash-causing bug, but I find I am unable to place the TV console with game system on any surface. I think perhaps the hanging cord is somehow causing it to have an uneven placement surface, if that makes sense?
AsPerrUsual  [developer] 6 Oct, 2017 @ 10:21pm 
@Evion first of all, thank you for subscribing! I'm glad everyone's enjoying this mod as much as I did making it. Now, for your first issue, I'd actually encountered it myself so I think I can get to the root of what's causing it at least. The TV Console though, has me stumped, as I specifically coded to make sure the cord wouldn't get in the way of placement. I'll likely release a patch soon addressing this. Again, thank you for your feedback!
Last edited by AsPerrUsual; 6 Oct, 2017 @ 10:22pm
Fazlox 7 Oct, 2017 @ 12:04pm 
Originally posted by AsPerrUsual:
@Evion first of all, thank you for subscribing! I'm glad everyone's enjoying this mod as much as I did making it. Now, for your first issue, I'd actually encountered it myself so I think I can get to the root of what's causing it at least. The TV Console though, has me stumped, as I specifically coded to make sure the cord wouldn't get in the way of placement. I'll likely release a patch soon addressing this. Again, thank you for your feedback!

During some of my first experiences with modding (which I'm likely not going to be doing anymore considering now I'm making a full on game), I've come across similar issues with various test items and such. Some of the time the issues were easy to find and fix, such as a simple typo in a major part of the code, or an important character missing in a piece of code. I'd recommend checking out the files for the items that need fixing and see what could potentially be wrong. And if you don't mind, I'll try to help out. I'll look through the mod and see what could be causing the issues, and let you know if I find anything.
AsPerrUsual  [developer] 7 Oct, 2017 @ 12:18pm 
Originally posted by Fazlox:

During some of my first experiences with modding (which I'm likely not going to be doing anymore considering now I'm making a full on game), I've come across similar issues with various test items and such. Some of the time the issues were easy to find and fix, such as a simple typo in a major part of the code, or an important character missing in a piece of code. I'd recommend checking out the files for the items that need fixing and see what could potentially be wrong. And if you don't mind, I'll try to help out. I'll look through the mod and see what could be causing the issues, and let you know if I find anything.
That's awfully kind of you! But I actually just managed to correct the issue - the spaces that I assigned the objects to take up were just a bit wonky. It'll be ironed out for next release! But really, your help is much appreciated!
Fazlox 7 Oct, 2017 @ 12:40pm 
Originally posted by Fazlox:

That's awfully kind of you! But I actually just managed to correct the issue - the spaces that I assigned the objects to take up were just a bit wonky. It'll be ironed out for next release! But really, your help is much appreciated!

Sounds great, I just saw the issue myself before I read your comment. Another thing I think should be mentioned is you may want to adjust the frame of the tvandconsole object to remove the collision with the cable that's hanging down. Something like 28 width 20 height looks about right. Been a while since I've made a Starbound mod though, so I'm not certain whether or not that'll cut off the texture for the cable.
Last edited by Fazlox; 7 Oct, 2017 @ 12:41pm
EvieTheBat (TTV) 8 Oct, 2017 @ 6:51pm 
For some reason, the pet spawners dont seem to do anything. When I placed one down, nothing happens even when powered. Am I doing something wrong?
AsPerrUsual  [developer] 8 Oct, 2017 @ 7:31pm 
Originally posted by Eevee Engi (Friendly):
For some reason, the pet spawners dont seem to do anything. When I placed one down, nothing happens even when powered. Am I doing something wrong?
do you have the purchaseable pets mod installed? I've recently been informed that it conflicts with prop pack. also, there's no need to actually connect the spawner to anything - the input node's only purpose is to help locate it.
Dusk_Knight 15 Jan, 2018 @ 5:01pm 
There seems to be an extra fennix pet? I'm looking for the spawner everywhere on my ship but I just can't seem to find it and I'm almost certain I got all of them.
AsPerrUsual  [developer] 15 Jan, 2018 @ 5:39pm 
Originally posted by Dusk_Knight:
There seems to be an extra fennix pet? I'm looking for the spawner everywhere on my ship but I just can't seem to find it and I'm almost certain I got all of them.

if toggling wire mode on your matter manipulator isn't working for you, type in /admin, /debug, and /boxes. The spawner only takes up one tile, so any seemingly empty space that shows up as occupied is probably it.
Attic Goblin 25 Jan, 2018 @ 6:09pm 
https://pastebin.com/qsdEdVYu I was told it was a big lag spike. The only other subscribtions that could cause this game crash by opening up the pixel printer are yours.
Attic Goblin 25 Jan, 2018 @ 6:10pm 
Originally posted by Widowmaker:
https://pastebin.com/qsdEdVYu I was told it was a big lag spike. The only other subscribtions that could cause this game crash by opening up the pixel printer are yours.
P.S. I'm sure its not Prop Pack or Shuttlecraft
Cassowary 15 May, 2018 @ 12:17pm 
Hiya-- I'll get you a pastebin log as soon as possible, but essentially I'm encountering an error with the pet spawners where the pets no longer spawn. When I place down the spawner, nothing happens, though the item appears fine in my inventory and in wire mode. I tried uninstalling the only other mod I have that effects pets and spawning with no dice. Figured I'd at least post this here in the meantime in case others are also having issues.
BakiDance 17 Jan, 2019 @ 11:51am 
Hey! Thanks so much for the latest update, unfortunately it crashes my game on startup. According to the log, there's a JSON violation *somewhere*. https://pastebin.com/W0XEhevP

I actually thought my game crashing was related to a mod I was working on, but it persisted after I removed it. In the mean time, I'll have to remove your mod until it's working again so that I can test my mod. If there's anything else you need, let me know. I really like this mod and I'd hate to have to play without it!
Last edited by BakiDance; 17 Jan, 2019 @ 11:52am
AsPerrUsual  [developer] 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:03pm 
Originally posted by BakiDance:
Hey! Thanks so much for the latest update, unfortunately it crashes my game on startup. According to the log, there's a JSON violation *somewhere*. https://pastebin.com/W0XEhevP

I actually thought my game crashing was related to a mod I was working on, but it persisted after I removed it. In the mean time, I'll have to remove your mod until it's working again so that I can test my mod. If there's anything else you need, let me know. I really like this mod and I'd hate to have to play without it!
yeah I just noticed this as well. Just some issues with the tiles in the update. I'll be putting out a patch in just a second!
dren 18 Jan, 2019 @ 6:46am 
Hi, I just installed this mod in my world, while playing with a friend, but I can't see the list of the items available while my friend can.

How is this possible? What am I doing wrong? I am the one hosting the world.

Please help >3<
< >
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
Per page: 1530 50