Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

The Unlicensed Physicist
Ultima 3 Oct, 2017 @ 4:41pm
Window-breaker [Crowbar] Idea
I know nothing about your skills in making weapons but I really love your idea for a Half-Life themed outfit for Engineer. But what gun-slinging crowbar-swinging headcrab-killing Resonance-Cascade-causing machine would be complete without a crowbar? It should probably just be a reskin for the stock wrench, but I suppose damage could be increased slightly (5-10%) in exchange for a slower build speed (-10-15%), to make it more suitable against spies or other potential threats within hitting range.

Just a thought.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
what about box buster or crate crasher for the name? the crowbar is legendarily good at opening wooden boxes after all, plus the tf2 community and team love alliteration. See rescue ranger battalion's backup etc.
Beta Cuck 4 Oct, 2017 @ 9:04am 
Originally posted by Cactus Canyon:
what about box buster or crate crasher for the name? the crowbar is legendarily good at opening wooden boxes after all, plus the tf2 community and team love alliteration. See rescue ranger battalion's backup etc.
the Half life series are famous for the ducts as well, and the crowbar is always used to open them, so why not Grate-Opener?
Originally posted by Nancok:
the Half life series are famous for the ducts as well, and the crowbar is always used to open them, so why not Grate-Opener?
The alliteration is an important part though, maybe duct destryoer or something with grate, couldn't find any synonyms to break or open that started with G for the alliteration part
Giao 4 Oct, 2017 @ 8:35pm 
Eery Jan 4 Oct, 2017 @ 9:42pm 
Originally posted by Nancok:
The alliteration is an important part though, maybe duct destryoer or something with grate, couldn't find any synonyms to break or open that started with G for the alliteration part
"The Grater's Bane"

There we go.
Last edited by Eery Jan; 4 Oct, 2017 @ 9:42pm
Dax 5 Oct, 2017 @ 6:37am 
Faster swinging, slower repairing and upgrading?
Removes sappers and kills people much quicker, but not good at maintaining buildings.
Designed for melee combat, pairs well with wrangler/short circuit and rescue ranger.
Ultima 5 Oct, 2017 @ 12:09pm 
Originally posted by ❮|OMS|❯ Dax:
Faster swinging, slower repairing and upgrading?
Removes sappers and kills people much quicker, but not good at maintaining buildings.
Designed for melee combat, pairs well with wrangler/short circuit and rescue ranger.
If it had faster swinging, like 10%, repairs / upgrades would have to be reduced even more than the swing rate (10% in this case) to make sure it actually *was* slower. But yeah, I think that's a good idea. Damage shouldn't be increased by much because of the faster swinging.
Last edited by Ultima; 5 Oct, 2017 @ 12:09pm
Aquidu 6 Oct, 2017 @ 3:24am 
I think it would be called the Crab Crusher.
. 6 Oct, 2017 @ 9:22am 
Here's what I'm thinking for the stats.

"Crate Crasher" / "Crab Crusher" et.c

+20% Attack speed ( 0.64 second interval per swing rather than 0.8 seconds)
+10% Damage
( Base: 65 normal - 195 critical - 88 minicrit / Crowbar: 72 normal - 215 critical - 97 minicrit)

-30% Repair to buildings
-15% Build speed for buildings
-25% Upgrade speed for buildings

First time ever trying to balance a weapon, so it's probably very over/under powered, but I hope that if a crowbar is added to this set that it's something like this. Also, this whole set is perfect for fighting people who are wearing the "Heartwarming Headache" ;).
(sorry if this whole thing is terrible.)
Hodog 6 Oct, 2017 @ 11:16am 
why not make it just the jag reskin since the jag is very popular wrench without a reskin?
Ultima 6 Oct, 2017 @ 12:18pm 
Originally posted by Emerald:
Here's what I'm thinking for the stats.

"Crate Crasher" / "Crab Crusher" et.c

+20% Attack speed ( 0.64 second interval per swing rather than 0.8 seconds)
+10% Damage
( Base: 65 normal - 195 critical - 88 minicrit / Crowbar: 72 normal - 215 critical - 97 minicrit)

-30% Repair to buildings
-15% Build speed for buildings
-25% Upgrade speed for buildings

First time ever trying to balance a weapon, so it's probably very over/under powered, but I hope that if a crowbar is added to this set that it's something like this. Also, this whole set is perfect for fighting people who are wearing the "Heartwarming Headache" ;).
(sorry if this whole thing is terrible.)

It's not terrible, but the attack speed and damage can't both be effects because it makes the damage per second (DPS) even more. Other than that I don't think it's that bad at all.
Originally posted by Top 10 Joke Top 10 Lists:
Crab Crusher is solid, i like the idea of focusing on the enemies rather than the environment, it makes it more unique to the HL reference. Crowbars are actually used for opening things like crates and grates etc. so this is a much better name, GG. Also you fit the alliteration in there.
Hodog 7 Oct, 2017 @ 1:39am 
Originally posted by Top 10 Joke Top 10 Lists:
Crab Crusher is solid, i like the idea of focusing on the enemies rather than the environment, it makes it more unique to the HL reference. Crowbars are actually used for opening things like crates and grates etc. so this is a much better name, GG. Also you fit the alliteration in there.
but crab could also mean spycrab
Ultima 7 Oct, 2017 @ 6:47am 
Originally posted by MarXMann:
but crab could also mean spycrab
Which works, because the wrench is often used on wandering spies.
Eery Jan 7 Oct, 2017 @ 6:48pm 
I think the best name would be "The Grater's Bane"

Bane is like "killer/destroyer"
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Per page: 1530 50