Hearts of Iron IV

Colored Puppets
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Dziurkacz  [developer] 22 Jul, 2017 @ 3:23pm
Bugs and Problems
If you have problem with mod try all steps from the list below first:
  • Version must be at least 1.5
  • The mod must be enabled in luncher
  • Only mods from compability list or achievement-compatible mods should be enabled.
  • Start the new game. The startup event should fire as soon as the game loads or after unpause. If it doesn't show wait for mounth or two. If still nothing turn off all mods except this and try again.
  • If the event fired mod should work and collors should be changing. If not try changing the map modes (somethimes game needs refreshment) or reloading save. If that doesn't help turn off all other mods and try again. If that haven't help either write post here. Screenshots, checksum, game version etc should be implemented into your report.
Last edited by Dziurkacz; 16 Apr, 2018 @ 1:28pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 75 comments
Ilija 23 Jul, 2017 @ 6:45am 
I've found that German puppets revert back to their original colour a bit after they turn black in the first place. Not using any major mods, so nothing that should conflict really.
Dziurkacz  [developer] 23 Jul, 2017 @ 7:04am 
Ok. That's strange. I will make investigation, find the bug and update my mod. Thanks for information.
Dziurkacz  [developer] 23 Jul, 2017 @ 7:14am 
Ok i found the bugs. it was a popular mistake when you copy and paste a lot of things and you forget to change one parameter. I will now check the rest, if there are any bugs left and update the mod.
Ilija 23 Jul, 2017 @ 7:14am 
Cheers!
Dziurkacz  [developer] 23 Jul, 2017 @ 7:20am 
Ok. it's done. Update the mod and everything should work properly.
Last edited by Dziurkacz; 23 Jul, 2017 @ 7:42am
Zhukov 23 Jul, 2017 @ 10:39am 
At the beginning of my games, if i choose the option to decide individually if i want to colour my puppets, i will have the messages if i want to colour them repeatedly every month. The first time it happens, the puppet changes its colours, but then, every month, i m asked again, repeatedly, but no matter what i choose the puppet will have my colours (because i choose that on the first event)
Bliss 23 Jul, 2017 @ 11:49am 
It will not stop asking me if i want to change the colour of some country once i have said no
Dziurkacz  [developer] 23 Jul, 2017 @ 12:59pm 
Tell me which mods are you using and which countries are you playing. I will try to solve the problem.
Aweega 27 Jul, 2017 @ 11:01am 
The mod works wonderfully for me and I love what you've created here. A small problem I've noticed while I was at war with the Soviet Union as Germany is that the puppet I made a Ukraine and Belarus would occasionally have a single little bar of pink appear where it should be gray. As the idiot that I just now realized I am, I should have taken a screenshot, but I didn't. It happened every now and then and all I had to do to make it change back was right click on the countries (since that enters diplomatic mode and turns their entire country green until I leave diplomatic mode.) It was always just a small rectangular patch that didn't follow the borders of any province.
Dziurkacz  [developer] 27 Jul, 2017 @ 11:10am 
This look like a bug from the game itself. Sometimes things like that happen. For example for me color can sometimes change only in area under the event frame.
Aweega 27 Jul, 2017 @ 12:18pm 
Originally posted by Dziurkacz:
This look like a bug from the game itself. Sometimes things like that happen. For example for me color can sometimes change only in area under the event frame.

I've never had an issue like this from the vanilla game, do you know what kinds of things can cause it to happen?
Dziurkacz  [developer] 27 Jul, 2017 @ 2:13pm 
In vanilla game there are only 4 cosmetic tags. This mod adds like 20 (from mod and from other mods to maintain compatibility) so things like that can happen. Mods sometimes have problems like that ( f.e. changing small flags, disappearing custom national focus icons) and it's hard to deal with them without being game developer.
Cringe Department 10 Oct, 2017 @ 1:54pm 
Sadly this mod doesn't work properly when playing Road to 56! It simply won't ask you if you want to change colors of your puppets...
Dziurkacz  [developer] 10 Oct, 2017 @ 2:30pm 
I tested this mod with Road to 56 and it works perfect for me. Probably problem is on your side.
Ark 13 Oct, 2017 @ 8:56am 
I use the mod on all my playthroughs, however I just now had the problem that, when playing with 'Hearts of Augmentation' I established the "Reichskommissariat Ukraine". And when the puppet changes color, the name changes to "Federal Republic of Ukraine". This also happens with the other customly named puppets. Is there a fix for this?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 75 comments
Per page: 1530 50