Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Lua Rollercoasters
Hichigo 2 Sep, 2014 @ 12:09pm
Any New updates new tracks new suggestions and what do you want to see next
this is a discussion on any new updates that are going to be added some suggestions off new track designs and what addon do you want to see next
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
NotoriousPyro 26 Dec, 2014 @ 7:20am 
Need prefab sort of stuff, such as loops, corkscrews, etc. Stuff that we don't need to manually make as it's a pain to do.
Buzz 2 Jan, 2015 @ 9:30am 
There seems to be an awful lot of bugs. Maybe stabilize first before you enhance? Just a suggestion.
dcsadface 25 May, 2015 @ 7:44am 
I have seen people make loops but when I look up how to make loops nothing comes up.
Lamps for carts. When i made a rollercoaster in gm_bigcity_night i really wanted carts with lamps so I can see while im going on a rollercoaster.
Sanders 19 Jul, 2015 @ 2:10pm 
loops corkscrews more track models more car models add wheels to the carts too
Fighter_Builder 26 Jul, 2015 @ 1:56pm 
I just want the addon to work! :(
Last edited by Fighter_Builder; 26 Jul, 2015 @ 1:56pm
CSXRailfan02 24 Sep, 2015 @ 1:59pm 
Loops, corkscrews, inverted coasters and cars(real inverted rollercoaster cars),more track models, add wheels to the cars also dive, floorles,wing,inverted,flying,and much much more realistic rollercoaster track and cars. so please add those in an update
LemonHeroman 8 Nov, 2015 @ 9:30am 
i ant to see a truss shaped track, that allows for intamin, giga, eurofighter type coasters.
AND A TRACK SMOOTHER! And maybe custom support props for us to "stick" to the track?
Fighter_Builder 19 Nov, 2015 @ 5:48pm 
Before we add anything new, I'd say we should work out the many bugs in this mod first. I try to go and make a coaster, but then the physics don't work right and I end up having a bad time.
LemonHeroman 20 Nov, 2015 @ 12:57pm 
Originally posted by Fighter_Builder:
Before we add anything new, I'd say we should work out the many bugs in this mod first. I try to go and make a coaster, but then the physics don't work right and I end up having a bad time.

could you Explain more in depth?
DirtyDan 21 Nov, 2015 @ 1:51pm 
fix the error when you point the toolgun at a node! PLEASE!
DCell 3 Dec, 2015 @ 12:39pm 
I'd like to see cusomizable supports for the metal-type tracks (Like, you could pick between tubular supports, box-section supports, truss-type supports etc.)

Though the supports can be colored by painting the nodes, I'd like to have a function in the settings that does that.

Also, I think the wooden track would look better with some volume (rather than the track surface being completely flat)

I like the idea of prefabs, especially turns, since the quadratic thing always makes rough uneven turns (Perhaps trying a logarithmic or exponential bezier instead of quadratic?)

Maybe even customizable carts? Where there's a toolgun that allows you to select a prop to turn into a coaster cart (For example, a bathtub) and you could pick the seat placement and such.

I'd also like track materials. Instead of the same dull metal texture, maybe you could add a slider for reflectivity? Or, allow the rail material to be changed by the Material toolgun?
Fighter_Builder 13 Dec, 2015 @ 9:32am 
Originally posted by LemonHeroman:
Originally posted by Fighter_Builder:

could you Explain more in depth?
Basically what would happen is that the first piece of track would have collision, but not any of the others. This issue seems to have stopped occurring for me though. Maybe an addon was conflicting or something. On an unrelated note, there are lots of script errors when aiming at a node, and the addon is rather laggy when the coasters get more complex. Regardless, I'm still quite glad that it's usable now. :steamhappy:
please improve the pervormance!! After building really big rollercoasters its laggy as ♥♥♥♥
NinjaB75 6 May, 2016 @ 8:07pm 
tracks that causes the cart to go forward, stop, then go backwards
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 1530 50