Total War: WARHAMMER

Total War: WARHAMMER

Cataph's Kraka Drak: The Norse Dwarfs
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Cataph  [developer] 17 Sep, 2016 @ 9:05am
F.A.Q.s and Links
FAQS:

Self-Answering: the listed DLC (King&Warlord) may be necessary for full functionality.

Q: This unit is muted/audio is lost during large battles.
A: Due to an issue in the game, voiceovers from different cultures don't work well together while in the same army and especially in >20vs20 battles. So that audio would stutter and 'lose pieces' as battle progresses. As a partial safeguard, I had to mute norscan auxiliaries and Orgi and his fellas talk dwarfish again, losing one of the in-jokes.

Q: Give them a unit riding [whatever]! And give them back the other units!
A: Hell, no. Not even if it were technically possible, in the first case. Similarly, I ain’t giving this stuff to Thorgrim.

Q: Compatible with [insert mod here]?
A: Unit packs, technically yes, not necessarily balanced, of course. Untested with battle/stats overhauls and such, so (namely) use with Radious is not recommended. Surely works with anything else (magic mods, reskins, other unit packs). Other units added to Dwarfs mostly won’t work on Kraka Drak though.
A2: Submod for Steel Faith linked below.

Q: Can you make it compatible with [insert mod here]?
A: Unless it’s because of a mistake I made, no. I don’t want and don’t have time to make and maintain more mod variations. Other modders may ask and get permission to make a submod of this (no full reuploads for now, that’s my condition) using only the needed tables (which are usually land and main_units and stuff like that anyway) thus still keeping this as required. E.g. Like it was done for the SF patch (see links below).

Q: How does the LL work?
A: Custom legendary lords require startpos to work. As such, they are normally incompatible with many mods. Cooperation with Crynsos's unlocker however allowed a more fluid compatibility and possibility to include stuff like custom RoRs (see Southern Realms) and this LL without me having to use a native startpos. Hope this explains it.
A2: Finally, Cromson's artifacts were simply made to be based on a character skill rather than a questline. To compensate, they require a skill point and are available a few levels later than usual.

http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1091937685

- SFO patch by Flamboyant Schemer61
http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1105272320&searchtext=

- French Translation
http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1088476897
Last edited by Cataph; 7 Sep, 2017 @ 2:09am
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Hydrall 2 Oct, 2016 @ 9:28pm 
If I wanted to try and play as ONLY Kraka Drak - that is to say, not conquering any other dwarf holds until later - what would I be wanting to fill up my building slots with? I've been considering trying a one-province survival challenge with these guys.
Cataph  [developer] 3 Oct, 2016 @ 1:45am 
Hmm. Money. And/or garrisons. Try to send a hero towards the empire asap to open the trade routes. Sack regularly the norscan towns for extra money and giggles.
Cataph  [developer] 12 Oct, 2016 @ 6:40am 
If you have to rebalance it you may import the needed tables thus requiring the original mod for everything else, like emcdunna's Lorehammer; I still wouldn't like to see a full reupload elsewhere.
Kafkan Kockroach 16 Oct, 2016 @ 12:03pm 
Any possible chance of making a Unit Size Expansion?
Cataph  [developer] 16 Oct, 2016 @ 12:24pm 
You can try asking Railgun, he was the one nicely handling those submods.
Kafkan Kockroach 16 Oct, 2016 @ 12:29pm 
Originally posted by Cataph:
You can try asking Railgun, he was the one nicely handling those submods.
Thanks! I'll go ask him!
Ranmyakki 15 Apr, 2017 @ 5:52pm 
Just to clarify, I see "Other units added to Dwarfs mostly won’t work on Kraka Drak though."
So if I'm using a mod that adds units to the Dwarves, in theory those new units should not show up for the Dwarves of the North??
Cataph  [developer] 16 Apr, 2017 @ 1:39am 
Yes, because I had to change KD's military grouping. IF that is used to add units (which is the most common approach), it won't work. If they are added factionally, it works.
Ranmyakki 16 Apr, 2017 @ 1:42am 
Currently testing the mod pack I've made.
As far as I can tell, the units added by the other mod weren't present in the recruitable list for the Norse Dwarves... which is exactly what I wanted.

Thank you for the reply.
Last edited by Ranmyakki; 16 Apr, 2017 @ 1:42am
Cataph  [developer] 16 Apr, 2017 @ 2:59am 
Whatever isn't visible as unit cards on the building roster is not recruitable, whatever the Smith buildings might say.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50