Space Engineers

Space Engineers

[OUTDATED] [POSSIBLY BROKEN] Transporter
Leto  [developer] 16 Jun, 2016 @ 5:44am
Configuration for Server Admins
How to get into your storage folder: Open your file explorer, press into the path and insert the path: %appdata%
Then choose the folder SpaceEngineers/Storage or SpaceEngineersDedicated/Storage (for server)

In your storage folder, there will be Transporter.xml TransporterSingle.xml and TransporterSingleLarge.xml . The name depends on the subtype of the mod (so, if you are using another transporter mods, they may be called differently).
This file is firstly created, when a block is built. So if you want to configure it and there is no file, just built the specific transporter.

You can change the following:
<GPSTargetRange>5</GPSTargetRange>
If GPS -> Transporter is choosen, this determinates in which radius (in meter) around the given GPS Location player should be teleported. e.g. 5 means, all players which are near 5 meters or less to the given GPS Location will be transported. (floating points like 5.5 are valid)

<MaximumRange>60000</MaximumRange>
The maximum radius range of the transporter, given in meters (floating point like 60000.5 are valid).

<PowerPerKilometer>1</PowerPerKilometer>
The required power per kilometer in megawatt. So 50Km=50MW. If you choose 0.5, then 50Km will only require 25MW. (floating points like 0.5 are valid)

<ValidTypes>
<int>0</int>
<int>1</int>
<int>2</int>
<int>3</int>
<int>4</int>
<int>5</int>
<int>6</int>
</ValidTypes>
Remove on of this lines, to remove the possibility for this transport type. Also, you can reorder the elements in the UI by switiching lines.
0 = Transporter -> GPS
1 = Transporter -> Player
2 = GPS -> Transporter
3 = Player -> Transporter
4 = Transporter -> Planet
5 = Transporter -> Transporter (foreign)
6 = Transporter (foreign) -> Transporter

<BeamEnemy>true</BeamEnemy>
true if enemies can be transported. false if this should be deactivated. The transport to enemy transporters is always allowed: You can deactivate your transporter if you don't want unwanted visits.

<PlanetRange>200000</PlanetRange>
Normally you can ignore this. Maximum radius of an planet in meters + some buffer. Increase if you have larger planets. If you increase it to much, the transporter won't work correctly e.g. if there are two planets in range of the transporter, it may use the first one.

Don't change anything else!

After you have edited this file, you need to restart your server.
Last edited by Leto; 15 Mar, 2017 @ 8:08am
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Stollie 2 Jul, 2016 @ 6:46am 
Can't seem to find TransporterSingle.xml only Transport.xml .. ?
Leto  [developer] 2 Jul, 2016 @ 6:51am 
Stollie: The files will be created when needed. So first, you have to build an small transporter to configure it. (Because the sourcecode will be started then)
Same goes for the large single transporter.
Stollie 2 Jul, 2016 @ 6:55am 
Yep just found that out when I went and looked again after saving and loading game again, haha, thanks :)
Last edited by Stollie; 2 Jul, 2016 @ 6:55am
Stollie 2 Jul, 2016 @ 6:56am 
Awesome mod by the way, thanks for making this! :steamhappy:
WarDave 23 Jul, 2016 @ 9:56pm 
So whats the max range you can set this for? I toyed around with it in single player and set it for like 100000000000 and it wouldnt transport 300k

I also have a laser antenna thats linked up with the area I'm trying to TP to it has a extended range mod on it.
Last edited by WarDave; 23 Jul, 2016 @ 10:02pm
Leto  [developer] 24 Jul, 2016 @ 3:27am 
WarDrive
1.7 × 10^308 is the maximum.
Make sure you have enough power.
Kham 5 Aug, 2016 @ 3:11pm 
So I've built the large circular pad (large ship only) and the single pad on both large and small ship and I only have two config files, Transporter.xml and TransporterSingleLarge.xml... I'm a bit confused as to which one works for which pad because you mentioned three files and yet I only have two.

I'd take a guess and say Transporter.xml controls settings for the large multi person circular pad and that the TransporterSingleLarge.xml controls settings for the single pad large ship version... but what about the single pad small ship version?

Edit: Ok, so it turns out it only generates one of the xml files each time the server is loaded. So when I played last night and built the large single pad first, it made that xml. But didn't create the trasnporter.xml file until I logged in today. Then today I placed the small ship single pad and it didn't generate the xml file until I reloaded the world... Odd that it only creates one at a time and you have to reload a few times but at least I now have all three.
Last edited by Kham; 5 Aug, 2016 @ 5:54pm
Leto  [developer] 8 Aug, 2016 @ 8:12am 
@Kham normally it should get created if needed. So if you place a specific transporter, it creates an configuration file. Without reload.

There was an similar error, but the other user deleted the file:
the game caches stuff, so it can load even a deleted file (because it's still in the cache).
Maka 5 Nov, 2017 @ 9:38am 
I changed the configuration and it works, a some time later for some reason it does not recognize the change any more. I in SP
Serpent 8 Dec, 2017 @ 2:57pm 
Would it be possible to change how long it takes to transport the player?
i mean, it is pretty long, i'm saying this because i'd like to beam around my ship pretty quickly, like teleport from one deck to the next with ease and not having to wait a long time, cause i hate elevators and elevator pistons, they take up too much space.
Bobothemonk 23 May, 2020 @ 9:23pm 
Im trying to config this on dedicated server using torch, Im having trouble with the xml's. I did find a file xml in ..D:/Space Engineers/Instance/Storage/2071992722.sbm_Transporter but it is just a log. I also found Transporter.xml in the Storage folder but editing it doesnt change anything. Not sure how to go about doing this but there are no xml files in appdata on dedicated servers
Coretalless 27 Jan, 2021 @ 6:52pm 
I'm using a GTX server and can not seem to find the folder where the files are supposed to be in. I could use help finding and configuring the files to get the transporters working.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50