Don't Starve Together

Don't Starve Together

Ownership
Isosurface  [developer] 8 May, 2015 @ 3:56pm
Why walls are not included.
There are technical and practical reasons why I exclude walls from building fortification:
- Ownership of stackable items is a can of worms. Many things may break or misbehave when combining and dividing stacks of un-deployed walls.
- Indestructible walls will do more harm than good to dedicated, lightly moderated servers. I write this mod so I don’t have to be around and police my server 24/7.
- In my opinion, walls are impractical in this game. PvP traps are more useful, although they are normally more expensive to make.

If you really need to buff wall health, install the “Indestructible” mod. With both mods enabled, server admin should still be able to destroy any structures with a hammer but can no longer burn them.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Kwynn 7 Jun, 2015 @ 5:11pm 
Wait,why make walls indestructable? Use the better Wall HP mod. It is just tougher and will make griefers get bored hammering that wall so that hound raid can come in.
Alkhor 19 Jul, 2015 @ 12:28pm 
wait, but forezample locked gate get owner on build not on craft.
sowhy not making wall-owner set on build too? to prevent griffers forezample, ruin pet fences, by brokening 1 wall segment?
Isosurface  [developer] 19 Jul, 2015 @ 6:16pm 
Creator-owner system is fairer.
Alkhor 18 Aug, 2015 @ 12:21pm 
I do not understand. fairer then what?
why you must set owner on creating stak of walls? why not on building?
wall gate has owner - and it seted on building, not on creating. you could drop created peace, and any person who take it and build get own on him, not on you
Last edited by Alkhor; 18 Aug, 2015 @ 12:32pm
Ronin 15 Feb, 2018 @ 6:13pm 
Yes creator owner system is much more fair.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50