Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

[Unsupported] GM+ v1.22: Player Interaction Overhaul
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
sev  [developer] 16 Apr, 2014 @ 3:57pm
Error Reporting
>> GM+ is now unsupported.
Due to the fact that I haven't had the drive to work on this in a long time, the few bugs present in GM+ will not be fixed any time soon. However, GM+ is still fully usable, though that doesn't mean it's compabible with every addon (or most of them, really).
You can always unsubscribe if you don't like it. I hear SharpeYe still works.

>> Known bugs:
  • Make sure your FOV (fov_desired) doesn't have any decimals in it (i.e. change 80.5 to 80), or else the HUD, Crosshair, and possibly parts of Dynaview will stop working entirely! This is an engine problem, so blame Garry.
  • Weapons that have RenderTarget sights/scopes (like FA:S) may cause the screen to stop rendering past Post-Processing (it's like looking into "the void", a blank/empty part of a map). Disable Post-Processing (gmp_pp_enabled 0) to fix it. Currently, I am not aware of any other workaround.
  • Due to the way the Source engine handles angles (read: badly), you may encounter some bad angles (manifesting themselves in unsmoothed 0<->360 and -180<->180 transitions) with specific Run configurations and when turning very fast. It isn't that obvious... Most of the time. I've tried and failed many times to fix this problem.
  • Some addons that mess with expected viewmodel functionality may break GM+. I've placed many safeguards to try to prevent this, but some addons still manage to break things.

>> Known incompatibilities:

>> I have a problem that isn't caused by anything above! Help!
Report any problems you are having with GM+ here. If your problem is related to configuring GM+ and isn't related to the incorrect functionality of it, please post in the Configuration Guide thread.
Last edited by sev; 13 Jan, 2016 @ 2:11am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 373 comments
Styrmende 16 Apr, 2014 @ 11:36pm 
I don't know if this has been known before or not, sometimes the actual crosshair goes off the screen with the HL2 beta crowbar when you hit something(fixable by swinging in thin air after to reset HUD), and thegammaghost's glock airsoft gun SWep.
bubrito bubstice 17 Apr, 2014 @ 3:49pm 
Customizable Weaponry by Spy has problems with viewbob
sev  [developer] 17 Apr, 2014 @ 9:27pm 
Originally posted by WillWow_mc:
I don't know if this has been known before or not, sometimes the actual crosshair goes off the screen with the HL2 beta crowbar when you hit something(fixable by swinging in thin air after to reset HUD), and thegammaghost's glock airsoft gun SWep.
will look into
Originally posted by Diabolical Pathfinder:
Customizable Weaponry by Spy has problems with viewbob
Originally posted by OP:
GM+ is currently largely incompatible witn any addons that directly interfere with the hooks it uses. A fix is being developed. Until it is finished, simply disable Dynaview (or all of GM+ if required) when you wish to use these incompatible addons.
should probably extrapolate (again) that this breaks things like Customizable Weaponry
fixed in 1.17
Last edited by sev; 17 Apr, 2014 @ 9:28pm
josef 18 Apr, 2014 @ 11:26am 
None of the default HL2 weapons can be aimed for me.
sev  [developer] 18 Apr, 2014 @ 5:28pm 
inb4 using secondary fire and not gmp_dynaview_ironsights
Mamu.Mimi⚜ 21 Apr, 2014 @ 5:25pm 
It's more of an annoying problem than a bug, but whatever: Certain weapons that are held in a very different position than they're fired from (such as the TF2 heavy's minigun, for example) cause the crosshair to change position in the screen dramatically, almost to the point of being unusable. Certain reload animations have the same effect - but you're not firing while you're reloading, so it isn't as much of a problem.
sev  [developer] 21 Apr, 2014 @ 8:42pm 
I didn't even think about the Minigun.

If you give me a link to a working TF2 pack, I'll install it and add some overrides for the offending weapons.
Chimares 26 Apr, 2014 @ 10:29am 
a weird clone with my playermodel is walking around the map doing everything i do for some super weird yet creepy reason.
Last edited by Chimares; 26 Apr, 2014 @ 1:01pm
Mamu.Mimi⚜ 26 Apr, 2014 @ 1:10pm 
Originally posted by Master DJ Swagsalot:

If you give me a link to a working TF2 pack, I'll install it and add some overrides for the offending weapons.
The minigun here doesn't even spin, but hey, it's the Heavy's minigun: http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=126814879

(repost)
sev  [developer] 26 Apr, 2014 @ 1:17pm 
Originally posted by Dr. Pepsi (34nmamu):
Originally posted by Master DJ Swagsalot:

The minigun here doesn't even spin, but hey, it's the Heavy's minigun: http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=126814879

(repost)
y?

edit: oh ♥♥♥♥ I forgot to do this
must be y

Originally posted by Chimaira:
a weird clone with my playermodel is walking around the map doing everything i do for some super weird yet creepy reason.
Iiiiiiiii forgot to fix that too
Last edited by sev; 26 Apr, 2014 @ 1:18pm
sev  [developer] 26 Apr, 2014 @ 5:27pm 
leg bork i fix!!!!!
Mamu.Mimi⚜ 26 Apr, 2014 @ 7:44pm 
Originally posted by Master Shrek:
leg bork i fix!!!!!
bro u borked like so much bro
Last edited by Mamu.Mimi⚜; 26 Apr, 2014 @ 7:45pm
sev  [developer] 27 Apr, 2014 @ 12:45am 
no u im perfect

Honestly they've been broken for a while now and I've put it off.
Last edited by sev; 11 Jul, 2014 @ 4:52am
domwoofer 27 Apr, 2014 @ 6:43am 
Idk if anyone's talked about WAC, but it interferes with the flying mechanism for the helicopters. Pleas look into it C:
SPINREEL 27 Apr, 2014 @ 2:36pm 
every time i look at the ground with the crobar the crobar is upside down
< >
Showing 1-15 of 373 comments
Per page: 1530 50