Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

[Unsupported] GM+ v1.22: Player Interaction Overhaul
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
sev  [developer] 20 Mar, 2014 @ 9:05pm
Configuration Guide + Cheatsheet
>> GM+ is now unsupported.
Due to the fact that I haven't had the drive to work on this in a long time, the few bugs present in GM+ will not be fixed any time soon. However, GM+ is still fully usable, though that doesn't mean it's compabible with every addon (or most of them, really).
You can always unsubscribe if you don't like it. I hear SharpeYe still works.

>> I think something is wrong with GM+!
Don't post here, post in the Error Reporting thread instead.

>> I don't know how to disable/change something!
Read the guide and, if you're still having problems, post a reply to this thread.

>> FAQ
  • To disable GM+, use the command gmp_enabled 0.
  • To disable the Crosshair, use gmp_hud_crosshair_enabled 0.
  • To toggle Dynaview Ironsights, use the console command gmp_dynaview_ironsights. Feel free to bind it to a key (bind <key> gmp_dynaview_ironsights).
  • To activate Dynaview Freelook (called "Twitch" in SharpeYe, for those migrating from SharpeYe to GM+), use the console command gmp_dynaview_freelook. You can bind this command to a key, as well.
  • If you don't like the view Bob, disable it with gmp_dynaview_bob_enabled 0. The default Source view bobbing will be re-enabled.

>> Configuration guide
GM+ uses cvars and concommands to modify how it works and to perform actions, respectively.
To change a setting or to disable a feature, use the console to change its respective cvar. You can use the Cheatsheet (linked below) as a reference, or use the console command find gmp_ to print all of them to the console.
All cvars begin with gmp_, hence how find gmp_ shows you all valid commands, and are organized in the following format:
  • gmp_<feature>_<feature option>
  • gmp_<feature>_<subfeature>_<subfeature option>
  • gmp_<feature>_<subfeature>_<subsubfeature>_<subsubfeature option>
  • Etc.
For example:
  • gmp_dynaview_vmdynamics_enabled 0 will disable VM Dynamics, where dynaview is the feature, vmdynamics is the subfeature, and enabled is the subfeature option.

>> But, wait, what is the "console", what are "cvars"?
The console is used to change cvars, run concommands, and otherwise modify the game and how it works, through a simple text-based interface (hence, "console").
  • Open Options > Keyboard > Advanced and tick the box that reads "Enable developer console" to enable the console.
  • Press the tilde (~) key to open the console (by default).
Cvars are console variables. They work like normal concommands (console commands) do, except they have a value assigned to them instead of a function or ability. For example, gmp_dynaview_vmdynamics_multiplier is set to 1 by default; to make VM Dynamics really powerful, use the command gmp_dynaview_vmdynamics_multiplier 10 in the console.
If you still don't understand, read this to learn more.

>> This is all too confusing! Make a GUI or something!
There is no GUI interface or help screen because it really wouldn't simplify the configuration process, aside from the fact that GM+ hasn't been updated in ages and probably won't be again.

>> I have no idea what I'm doing! What do I change to make what I want happen?
Click here to access the cheatsheet.[puu.sh] It contains every cvar in GM+.
The Cheatsheet contains a list of GM+ concommands and cvars for you to reference, should you not be able to find the feature you want on your own.
There are some more complex cvars that may not have immediately recognizable names or that don't completely follow the format mentioned in the guide above, so post a reply here if you have a question. Just try to figure things out on your own first; if you've gotten this far, you probably have the intelligence to do so.
Last edited by sev; 13 Jan, 2017 @ 10:25pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 465 comments
god-fearing alien 22 Mar, 2014 @ 11:51pm 
Thank you so much, now I can turn holster off
Scout Madness 23 Mar, 2014 @ 11:00am 
Yea,when i crouch the Crowssbow gets in my way...And in thirdperson I ook WAY too overloaded..
sev  [developer] 23 Mar, 2014 @ 2:52pm 
Originally posted by Scout Madness:
And in thirdperson I ook WAY too overloaded..
You hold like 200 pounds of equipment, are you honestly surprised?
Originally posted by DS6:
Originally posted by Scout Madness:
And in thirdperson I ook WAY too overloaded..
You hold like 200 pounds of equipment, are you honestly surprised?
Well probly alot more considering you have an smg, two pistols, a crowbar WHICH ARE HEAVY! a rocket launcher, a crossbow, and an alien rifle of unknown weight! Maybe 200 but I would guess more :P
FederalKenny[RUS] 27 Mar, 2014 @ 9:10pm 
Do possibility reset
sev  [developer] 28 Mar, 2014 @ 1:06pm 
Originally posted by Pro100_KennyRUS:
Do possibility reset
Possibility?
guuberrr 28 Mar, 2014 @ 5:48pm 
how do i make it so it has normal colors when i die?
sev  [developer] 28 Mar, 2014 @ 9:40pm 
do I really have to write a "this is what X does" section
gmp_pp_enabled 0
sev  [developer] 29 Mar, 2014 @ 7:15pm 
gmp_enabled
is it really that difficult?
this is a legitimate question.
Last edited by sev; 29 Mar, 2014 @ 7:15pm
Wignat Kang Cole 30 Mar, 2014 @ 11:47am 
which command disables visual/sound effect when using crtain sweps. im using a customizeable weapon which triggers a type of effect I was hoping to disable.
Wignat Kang Cole 30 Mar, 2014 @ 12:08pm 
I thought gmp_dynaview_ironsight_enabled 0 might fix it but no results
sev  [developer] 30 Mar, 2014 @ 1:22pm 
The only sound effects that exist related to the VM are equip and ironsight effects.
"Visual" is a little ambiguous, as there are many visual effects.
The first offender is usually VM Dynamics (gmp_dynaview_vmdynamics) so try disabling that.
Last edited by sev; 30 Mar, 2014 @ 1:26pm
sev  [developer] 3 Apr, 2014 @ 8:12pm 
Updated for 1.168
Toe Thief 4 Apr, 2014 @ 9:09pm 
My eyes like bouncing around when I try to hunt for keywords to find what i'm looking for, so incredibly obvious things hiding in plain sight in a large string of text aren't so obvious to me... V_V

Could you please tell me the command to turn off the physgun sound? It drives me crazy.. it sounds like someone trying to get snot out of their throat.

Other than that, amazing mod.
Pan Borek 5 Apr, 2014 @ 2:53am 
How can I turn default bobbing back? Commands in guide is not work.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 465 comments
Per page: 1530 50