Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Realistic/Near Future Modern Europe Map (BNW)
JediMasterShark  [developer] 27 Nov, 2013 @ 10:35am
FAQ/Tech Support
If you are having problems with the mod, post about it here. I have also included a FAQ below for your convenience and I may update it with more FAQ as time goes by.

Q: I subscribed and activated the map in the mods section, but it doesn't show up when the game setup loads. What's going on?

A: For whatever reason, the map does not automatically come up sometimes. It’s a simple fix though. Once you've activated the mod, you have to search through "Additional Maps" to find it. It should be called "Modern Europe Map". Once you do that, load the scenario, choose your civ, and get started. If anyone knows what is causing this, please post below with steps to fix it. If it is not there try navigating to your mods folder (for me its at E:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS), once there, look for this mod, go in and copy the map file and then paste it into you maps file (for me its at E:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps) and see if that fixes the problem.

Q: Civ crashes every time I try to advance to turn 2 or 3. What's going on?

A: Unfortunately, this is a problem we can only mitigate as best as we can. The problem is that this scenario uses the maximum number of civilizations you can have on one map in addition to a boat load of city states and the map being huge in general. What this means is that this scenario is going to ask a lot from your computer, and Civ tends to crash when your computer can't keep up with the demand. We will be making changes to the map in an attempt to try and lighten the load such as deleting some units and cities, but there is no guarantee that this will fix the problem in the long run. Sorry to those who can't play because of this issue. It’s the game, not the mod.

Q: This civilization should be here, this civilization should have these cities, this civilization should be changed to this civilization, etc. Are you listening?

A: Yes we are, though if you feel like something should be changed map-wise, please post it in the suggestions thread. Right now, I am planning on putting Norway under Denmark by popular demand, but please, any future suggestions should go in the suggestions thread. Thanks.

I am here to help, but I am a very busy man. So be patient if I don't update everything every day.

Thanks,
Jedi :tec:
Last edited by JediMasterShark; 27 Nov, 2013 @ 1:01pm
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
bmonteith 27 Nov, 2013 @ 12:25pm 
The map still seems to not load/ cant find it
JediMasterShark  [developer] 27 Nov, 2013 @ 1:01pm 
Originally posted by bmonteith:
The map still seems to not load/ cant find it
If it is not there, try navigating to your mods folder (for me its at E:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS), once there, look for this mod, go in and copy the map file and then paste it into you maps file (for me its at E:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps) and see if that fixes the problem.
bmonteith 28 Nov, 2013 @ 8:04am 
Thanks, it worked
sofa 28 Nov, 2013 @ 10:43am 
What should the map file name be inside the MODS folder?
bmonteith 28 Nov, 2013 @ 10:59am 
nonnel i belive its called WWIII v1.5.Civ5Map
bmonteith 28 Nov, 2013 @ 5:25pm 
I dont know if this counts to the crash when going to turn 2-3 but the game doesnt load on dx9, dx10/11 and windows 8 touchscreen mode when trying to launch the game (but it doesnt crash untill i exit)
Last edited by bmonteith; 29 Nov, 2013 @ 3:16pm
WittyName001 29 Nov, 2013 @ 11:31am 
This may be becuase of my internet connection, but the last update didn't seem to change anything, especially since norway is supposed to be Danish, bit isn't.
geediez 2 Dec, 2013 @ 9:55am 
Hey, I can't get this to work. The map does not load up, even if I copy it to the Maps folder. Any ideas?
TheGreyMan 3 Dec, 2013 @ 10:17am 
Sorry to be a pain but I activated the mod in the workshop then it did not apear so I looked through the maps and could not find it then I looked into my mods folder on the desktop and it says the folder is empty so I look back at the workshop and downloads and it says it is downloaded. any sugestions on how to get it to work it would really help.
Zeca Trovadinha 14 Nov, 2014 @ 4:15pm 
the map isn't loading even after I paste it on the folder, what do I do?
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50